vrijdag 7 augustus 2015

Promo Blitz ~ Destiny's Detour (Young Adult Edition) by Mari Brown


99cent

3b75b-synopsis

Destiny Williams heads off to spend her senior year of high school at the prestigious Caldwell Academy. She will be living with her older brother David while she finishes high school. She is excited about the opportunities Caldwell offers for her dance career and it doesn’t hurt to hang out with her brother and his college friends.
Troy is captain of the football team, sexy, sweet and her brother's best friend. Practically a member of the family, Troy has always been off limits...until now.
One night together changes everything...
A childhood crush turns into more and Destiny has no choice but to grow up sooner than she planned. Will life’s unexpected detours derail her forever? Is there a happily ever after in the cards for Destiny and Troy?
Only time will tell.

DDYA ecover

fcd99-excerpt

When I reach the track, I’m not surprised to see the football team. A typical warm up for most athletes is to run morning laps. I glance at Amy and she gives me the same knowing look. This will test the other girls on the dance team. Buffy and a friend primp on the sidelines. Their desire to impress the football players is not a good thing for us. Once they realize the connection Amy and I share with the two most sought after players, it will be hell for us. I have no doubt the cattiness will double the minute Troy and David pay attention to us. I can always hope the guys won’t speak to me, but I won’t hold my breath. David is always quick to claim me as his little sister. He wants to make sure guys know I am off limits, but we like each other as friends as well. Troy likes to give me a hard time, no matter what, but I know deep down, he considers me as genuine a friend as he does my brother. Before long, I sense a body beside me. When I look up, I’m not surprised to see David on Amy’s side and Troy on mine. I groan in defeat. “What? Not happy to see your favorite brother?” David asks. I roll my eyes. As we run, I give into my frustration. People watch the four of us and try to figure out what the deal is between us. “This is going to be just like back home,” I say as I fight to maintain my composure. “Two college football stars talking to two nobodies from the high school. That never goes over well.” Both guys give me knowing smirks. “You assholes are doing this on purpose, aren’t you?” They don’t say anything but look at each other with huge grins. That irritates the crap out of me so I pick up my pace, but Troy catches up with me. “Destiny, come on, calm down.” I don’t say anything at first. I don’t trust myself to speak. In the end, I sigh in defeat. Staying mad at David or Troy is impossible. It’s been like this our whole lives. I am screwed when it comes to them. They annoy and piss me off like no one else, but they also make me laugh like nobody’s business. Not to mention, they are always there for me when I need them, no matter how small the task. I realize too, at this moment, the message their actions send to anyone watching. Son of a bitch. They did this for more than one reason. They aren’t doing it for kicks. They want other guys to know I am off limits. I get why my brother wants to relay that message, but what is Troy’s motivation?

  a0f2f-teaser

Teaser 1
 
Teaser 2

  0ed20-buy2bnow

FREE Kindle Unlimited
99 Cents
Aug 3 -7 2015

d77bf-meettheauthor

Mari has been writing as far back as she can remember. She spent most of her teen years writing short stories for her friends, it was a hobby for her even though she was published in the school newspaper.
She met and married her very own Alpha male 20 years ago and they have a 19 year old daughter, and two sons ages 16 and 15. They have 3 dogs and a cat. There is never a dull moment around the house. They live on the beautiful Gulf Coast of Alabama and are blessed to have a home on the river and to have the beach just 20 minutes away.
Over the years she wrote a few short stories in between raising babies but it wasn’t until 2012 she decided she needed to pursue her dream of writing a full novel. It took a while but in January of 2014 her debut novel was self-published. There is always a story in her head and characters talking to her. She enjoys being able to share her characters with others.

Twitter: @MariBrownAuthor

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten